The Directorate General of the Treasury (DG Trésor) serves France’s Economy and Finance Ministries, making economic policy proposals, carrying out economic policy under the Ministries’ authority and defending that policy in Europe and beyond.
The French Treasury’s missions are :
- Economic forecasting and advice on economic policy and government policy on financial, social and specific industry issues
- Regulation of how the economy as well as insurance, banking and financial market institutions are financed
- Bilateral and multilateral Financial and trade negotiations, and development assistance
- Support for exports and foreign investment by French companies
- Through Agence France Trésor (AFT), management of the government’s debt and cash position.