A large network of public and private organizations actively contributes to promote mutual understanding, economic, trade and financial relations between France and the United States and support entrepreneurship and investment by companies on both soils.
The French-American business network is widespread across major hubs in the United States and covers all sectors and geographies to help companies expand their operations in the United States. Conversely, a dedicated team of experts within the Economic department of the French Embassy in the U.S. and at Business France North America can help American investors and entrepreneurs develop their activity in France and Europe.
Depending on their objectives and needs, companies, investors, exporters and business development agencies will find useful information and resources. Find out useful links and resources below (click on the blue texts below for more information).
- Economic department of the French Embassy in the U.S.: the Business Affairs & Innovation unit within the Economic department coordinates relations with France-affiliated business organizations operating in the United States and with U.S. investors, in partnership with other areas of expertise represented at the Embassy (consular affairs, sectoral experts, IP, customs, legal affairs, etc.).
- Business France : as the national agency supporting the international development of the French economy, Business France fosters export growth for French businesses, facilitates incoming investments in France, and runs the « VIE program », an innovative HR solution for companies willing to invest in the future of their multicultural workforce. Relying on a team of 1,500 employees worldwide, Business France works closely with a network of business-centric partners in both the public and private sectors. The North American branch is comprised of six offices throughout the US and two in Canada.
- French Foreign Trade advisors: the « Conseillers du Commerce extérieur de la France – CCE » (French Foreign Trade Advisors) is a network of experts with a large international exposure who voluntarily share their experience working for the development of France. They carry out concrete actions on a daily basis in partnership with public and private players who have a role in promoting and supporting the internationalisation of French companies. CCEs provide operational advice and facilitate relationship and networking opportunities in the U.S.
- French-American Chambers of commerce: the French-American Chambers of Commerce (FACC) Chapters are private, non-governmental, non-profit organizations that are independently financed through member dues, business services, their events and other programs. 19 local chapters provide regional expertise and support to both local firms and French companies entering the U.S. market, contributing to a national federation which is a keystone organization for French and American professionals and companies.
- La French Tech: “La French Tech” represents the French startup scene. It is a unique movement bringing together startups, investors, policymakers and community builders with the mission to make France one of the greatest places in the world to launch and grow global companies that make sense for our future. In the U.S., there are 10 local french Tech hubs located in major Tech areas.
- Atout France: Atout France US is the France Tourism Development Agency, responsible for promoting France on the US market & developing France’s tourism economy. As the French government’s sole operator regarding the promotion of all aspects of tourism in France, Atout France provide services and events for tourism professionals (press, tour operators and travel agents as well as event planners) and information to the general public. The agency works in partnership with public and private organizations and companies involved in the tourism industry, i.e. over 1,100 members representing the whole spectrum of France’s tourism sector, as well as with partners based in the US.